Many of the Friends’ events centre around the Lamb Studio, but with a growing membership might be held elsewhere. A few Friends’ events are restricted to Friends (and guests) only. But unless this made explicit, others are welcome to attend. Events and opening are usually free, but donations to support the costs (and other Friends’ activities) are welcome.
Studio Openings: Most of the dates for Studio openings given below are for “public” openings – and many are for “drop in” sessions. Many of these will be arranged for the “Summer Season” (afternoons in July and August). BUT please note that other visits and openings - throughout the year – are often arranged at short notice. When these are “open to all” the “welcome board” will be placed outside the Studio gate – feel free to come in.
Summer Season: we are advertising the Studio as being opened by the Friends on all Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, from 1:30-4:30 pm throughout July and August. A Committee member will be present to talk about the collections. Come and say hello. Light refreshments and sales point should be available. More afternoons are being arranged as volunteers become available.
Please note that “provisional dates” are advisory only and still need to be confirmed with fuller details and times.
- Tues 29th Oct: Lamb Memorial Organ Recital by Mark Spalding. St Mary’s & St Peter’s Episcopal Church, Mid Links, Montrose at 7:00pm. Guilmant, Vierne, Widor and Hollins. Refreshments served. All welcome. Entry by donation.
- Thu 7th Nov: Friends Committee Meeting, 10:30am
- Thu 7th Nov: Studio Open 1:30-4:00 pm
- Thu 7th Nov: Group Visit 2:00-3:30 pm.
- Sat 16th Nov: Special Studio opening 1:30-4:30 pm. But with live poetry reading from 2:30-3:30 pm by Haworth Hodgkinson and Mandy Macdonald. All welcome. Entry free.
- Sat 30th Nov: Friends’ stall at Holly berry Fair, St Mary’s & St Peter’s Church, Montrose
- Fri 6th Dec: Friends’ Christmas Event at the Studio – times to follow. Meet the other Friends, chat and enjoy the light refreshments. The Friends have been asked to host the local launch of “Scon-versation” new poetry book with sales to charity – possible short reading by Robert Ramsay and other authors.
- January: Studio openings to be arranged
- January: “Forward Planning” Meetings – dates to be arranged
- January: Volunteer Training Sessions - dates to be arranged
- March 20-26th: Angus Residents Week – Friends’ events - further details to follow
- Sat 21st Mar: Studio Open – details to be announced.
- 6-17th April: School Easter Holidays – Studio open days to be announced
- May: Friends AGM – date to be announced
- Sun 14th June: Group Visit to Studio